essential oils such as camphor, peppermint and clove stimulate both hot and cold reactions in nerve endings in the skin, increase blood circulation and relief joint and muscle pain.
cajeput is a natural anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory essential oil, which makes it a wonderful helper against insect bites.
the benefits of the ingredients used:
coconut oil: a powerful carrier for your essential oils, reduces inflammation, heals wounds and keeps skin hydrated.
beeswax: for the perfect consistency, builds a natural barrier between skin and environment for protection without clogging pores, contains vitamin a, which promotes cell reconstruction.
jojoba oil: a wonderful carrier oil, reduces inflammation, keeps skin calm and comfortable.
vitamin e: natural preservative, heals wounds, moisturizes, prevents skin cancer,
reduces skin irritation and itching, reduces the appearance of scars.
menthol: creates a cooling sensation on the skin, stimulates nerve endings.
camphor essential oil: reduces inflammation, relieves joint and muscle pain.
peppermint essential oil: relieves muscle and joint pain, boosts blood circulation.
cajeput essential oil: anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial.
clove essential oil: relieves muscle pain.
cinnamon essential oil: alleviates stiffness in muscles and joints.
ingredients for pain relief balm without cinnamon essential oil
ingredients for pain relief balm with cinnamon essential oil
1. add all ingredients, except the essential oils, to a heat resistant bowl or small pitcher.
2. heat ingredients in double boiler until everything is melted.
3. stir gently with a whisk or spoon to combine ingredients well, making sure beeswax is completely melted.
4. turn off heat and slowly add all essential oils.
5. stir your liquid mixture slowly to mix in the essential oils.
6. if you used a bowl, scoop your liquid oil mixture very carefully into air tight jars or tins.
if you used a pitcher, also very carefully, pour your oil mixture into air tight jars or tins.
7. let your pain relief balm cool and settle over night.
8. enjoy your handmade pain relief balm!