transform your life and home from processed, instant and artificial to natural, home-made and super healthy. veggie bouillon adds wonderful taste-bud satisfying flavor to our cooking, but instead of ruining our home-cooked meal with chemically processed stock,
full of artificial preservatives, you can make your own organic veggie stock powder with little effort and affordable vegetables of your choice.
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: about 3 hours and 30 minutes
total time: about 3 hours and 40 minutes
• 1 organic large carrot
• 2 organic celery staks
• 1 organic onion
• a bunch of organic parsley with stalks
• 2 twigs of fresh organic thyme
• 2 twigs of fresh organic rosemary
• a handful of fresh organic basil
• 2 organic cloves
• organic turmeric powder
• sea salt (20% of the weight of your chopped vegetables and herbs)
• any other vegetables and herbs of your choice
1. wash, pat dry and finely chop all your vegetables and herbs. you can also use a food processor.
2. add turmeric powder and weigh your chopped vegetables and herbs,
then put them in medium size pan.
3. add and mix in salt, equal to 20% of the weight of your vegetables and herbs.
for example, if your vegetables and herbs weigh 16 oz, you need to add 3.2 oz salt.
4. cook over low heat for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
5. spread the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 300 ºF,
until it's dry and slightly crispy (about 1 hour and 15-30 minutes). stir from time to time.
6. take mixture out of the oven and let it cool.
7. put the veggies in a food processor and blitz until you get a nice powder you are happy with.
8. store your home-made veggie stock powder for up to 3 months
in an airtight jar in a dry and cool place.